November 30, 2008

A Comic Strip

The back story of this little cartoon starts with me teaching at the Digital Arts College a couple months ago, I realized I was out-numbered, four 3D animation teachers versus just one 2D animation teacher (me), so I began posting up some posters with cartoons on them expressing how superior 2D cartoons are to 3D animation, just to poke fun and start a mock-war, the students loved seeing two sides in a fake conflict over which style is better. It was all in good fun with plenty of back-and-forth battles over the propaganda of the superiority of the 3rd dimension being better than the flat world of the 2nd dimension.

Anyways, a student by the name of David Crocker in my Fundamentals of Art & Design class drew this up for me, I thought it was great!

No comments: