February 11, 2010

Dr. Venkman Almost Definitely a Ghostbuster Ghost

dr-venkman.jpg

So, Sigourney Weaver isn't a rambling lunatic after all--she's a spoileress! (A lady spoiler-deliverer!) In a new interview, Bill Murray has confirmed Dana Barrett's earlier claim that Venkman would appear in the upcoming Ghostbusters sequel as a ghost:

"I'll come back in Ghostbusters III only if I get to be a ghost," [said Murray.]

"I said to them, 'I'll do it if you kill me off in the first reel.' So now they are going to have me as a ghost in the film."

I guess this also confirms the rumors that the next Ghostbusters will be a "passing of the torch." Just as I had to buy both the normal Venkman "Real Ghostbusters" figure and the one where his eyes pop out in fright, so too will the next generation have to buy both a living Venkman and a rarer, blue translucent plastic ghost variant. Via iwatchstuff

No comments: